"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us, He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."
President Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Almost 6 lbs.....and 6 weeks to go!




We are counting down the weeks that our little girl will arrive. I had an ultrasound on Friday and found out that our little bundle of joy is actually pretty big... almost 6 lbs already! Now, I was almost 9 lbs. when I was born, so I guess she must be taking after me since Jared was only about 6 lbs. at birth.

Although Jared and I are super excited about having another baby, we are coming to the realization that we only have 6 short weeks before our 6 years of good sleep will end. Yes, we love our sleep... and we have had it really good since Tanner has been such a great sleeper and doesn't wake us anymore when he arises at 6:30 am on Saturdays. It will definitely be a BIG change, but a WONDERFUL one!

6 comments:

Rob and Tammy said...

Brandy and Dave are definitely missing there sleep these days since little Cooper likes to sleep during the day and stay awake during the night! I am so excited for these sweet little girl to make her appearance!

Malissa said...

I can't remember what a good night's sleep feels like! Enjoy it while you can:) I'm so excited for you and your family!

Sara and Company said...

I can't wait to kiss those little toes! I'm getting giddy!

oneHeidifamily said...

It may be a difficult adjustment, but it will all be worth it, and you will LOVE it!!!
I am so happy for you!!
Have you decided on a name?

Why Not? Because I Said So! said...

My prayers are with you. I can't wait to welcome your beautiful little girl here. She will be such a wonderful blessing in your life. ((HUGS)) Sheila

Tamsen said...

Hi Darla! I hope that you are feel well and getting some good rest/sleep now! I am so excited for you and will keep you in my prayers. Love, Tamsen