"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us, He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."
President Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Maine Happenings....



In September, Jared and I were able to go to Portland, Maine for 5 days. Jared was there on business, and I tagged along for a vacation! I used up every ounce of gas in the rental car by driving all around Portland and surrounding cities. Most of the time I was by myself to shop, browse, eat, or just drive the beautiful roads of Kennebunkport. I didn't have anyone there whining about taking too long...it was bliss! I was able to spend time with Jared eating wonderful breakfasts at the hotel in the mornings, and then going out to dinner in the evenings. I think this was the 1st time we have been away together since our honeymoon! (How pathetic is that!)


Tanner was able to stay with grandparents...so he was thrilled! Of course, Grandma Shupe spoiled him by taking him to the zoo, the aquarium and even to dinner! He wants to stay at grandma's house again soon. Who can blame him? Grandma & Grandpa give him toys, lots of playtime, and basically anything he wants. Aren't grandparents the best!


Here are some beautiful coastal pictures from our trip. You definitely know you live in a desert after you come back from a place like this!

3 comments:

Tamsen said...

I'm glad you had such a fun trip! I collect photos of lighthouses...would Jared let me get a copy of some of these great photos? Tamsen

Sara and Company said...

So so stunning! I am so glad you two were able to get away on a "2nd honeymoon" and that you had complete freedom for a week! I so don't even know what that is and would probably just end up in a daze staring at the wall not being able to figure out what to do. Hee hee. Those pictures are gorgeous! I'd love to see all of them. Tell Jared's work to forget about all these budget cuts and to let you go again soon! Love you all so much!

Sara and Company said...

Oh! And YAY for posting!!!! I love it!!!